Tour de France à la Voile
Groupama 34 wins the Tour in 2013, Courrier Dunkerque second overall and Brittany Crédit Mutuel Elite places third overall
Sunday 28 July 2013 –
All the versions of this article: [English] [français]
37 races and 22 first place finishes for Franck Cammas’ crew: the green boat dominated the 36th edition of the Tour. "I’m not good at appreciation," admitted the skipper, finally relaxed after being thrown into the water by his seven crewmates. "But they know the respect that we have between us. This respect is felt, it is not said."
A jaw-dropping 107 points behind Groupama 34, Daniel Souben (Courrier Dunkerque) is happy with second place, and caught somewhere between stunned and impressed with the Tour winner. "It was a tough, beautiful tour with very good conditions. Sure, we’re frustrated that we didn’t beat Groupama because we came to try and win the Tour. But they won by sailing an impeccable, consistent race. Congratulations to them."
In third place overall, Bretagne Crédit Mutuel Elite -long poised to capture second place overall- was overtaken by Daniel Souben yesterday during the La Seyne – Marseille offshore leg. Bretagne Credit Mutual finished 4th, 9th and 2nd in today’s in-port races, setting Troussel’s crew 12 points behind Courrier Dunkerque 3.
Race favorite Sodebo, led by Thomas Coville, finished 4th overall, one step below the winners podium. The young team from Normandy led by Benoit Charon, captured first place overall amongst the amateur rankings, 39 points ahead of the German entry, Iskareen.
The 36th Tour de France a la Voile was backed in full force by each city it visited. More than 53,000 people came to visit the race village in Dieppe in three days. To really conclude the 2013 edition though, a pro-am race is scheduled tomorrow in Marseille. Racing starts at 2:00pm.
Overall ranking after 37 races before jury:
- 1 GROUPAMA 34, CAMMAS Franck 1328 pts - Spi Bleu
- 2 COURRIER DUNKERQUE 3, SOUBEN Daniel 1221 pts
- 3 BRETAGNE CREDIT MUTUEL ELITE, TROUSSEL Nicolas 1209 pts
- 4 SODEBO, COVILLE Thomas 1199,7pts
- 5 TEAM OMANSAIL, POULIGNY Cédric 1152 pts
- 6 TOULON PROVENCE MEDITERRANEE - COYCH, BERNAZ Jean-Baptiste 1067 pts
- 7 VILLE DE GENEVE - CARREFOUR ADDICTIONS, METTRAUX Elodie-Jane et GROUX Nicolas 1051 pts
- 8 NANTES - SAINT NAZAIRE - E.LECLERC, DOUGUET Corentin 1026 pts
- 9 NORMANDIE, CHOQUENET Baptiste 964 pts
- 10 ISKAREEN, DITTMERS Christiane et BRUHNS Sönke 925 pts
- 11 MARTINIQUE - BE.BRUSSELS, WOLTERS Delphine et MOURES Matthieu 902 pts
- 12 BIENNE - VOILE – SRS, PETER Luzius et KUNZ François 813 pts
Offshore ranking after 9 races before jury:
- 1 GROUPAMA 34, CAMMAS Franck 649 pts
- 2 BRETAGNE CREDIT MUTUEL ELITE, TROUSSEL Nicolas 628 pts - Spi Vert
- 3 SODEBO, COVILLE Thomas 609,7pts (...)
Technical ranking after 28 races, before jury:
- 1 GROUPAMA 34, CAMMAS Franck 679 pts
- 2 COURRIER DUNKERQUE 3, SOUBEN Daniel 614 pts - Spi Rouge
- 3 TEAM OMANSAIL, Cédric Pouligny 600 pts (...)
Amator ranking after 37 races, before jury:
- 1 NORMANDIE, CHOQUENET Baptiste 964 pts - Spi rose
- 2 ISKAREEN, DITTMERS Christiane et BRUHNS Sönke 925 pts
- 3 MARTINIQUE - BE.BRUSSELS, WOLTERS Delphine et MOURES Matthieu 902 pts
- 4 BIENNE - VOILE – SRS, PETER Luzius et KUNZ François 813 pts
Also in this section
Tour de France à la Voile : Franck Cammas : "Clearly I’m happy we won!"
Tour de France à la Voile : Cammas wins the Lorient - St Gilles stage ahead of Troussel and Souben
Tour de France à la Voile 2013 : Nicolas Troussel wins the offshore leg from Brest to Lorient thanks to a risky tactical decision
Tour de France à la Voile 2013 : Groupama 34 win the second offshore leg from Breskens to Dieppe