4th world title for Nathan Outteridge and Iain Jensen
dimanche 13 mai 2012 –
Toutes les versions de cet article : [English] [français]
Two races were held in the morning for the silver and gold fleets and the bronze fleet results stood on the previous days score. Six to eight knot winds mixed the fleet up a bit as last attempts were made to make the medal race. As a tribute, the medal race winners carried a black card in their sails in memory of Frank Bethwaite. Young guns Marcus Hansen and Josh Prebski (NZL) sailed a brilliant medal race to move them up in the standings with the medal race held directly in front of the S.C. Uskok to the delight of the crowds that had gathered on the beach and pier to cheer on the sailors.
Second overall was the team of Peter Burling and Blair Tuke (NZL) who had incredible speed and amazing ability to pick the right shifts on the water all week. Danish Olympic team members Allan Norregaard and Peter Lang moved into the bronze medal position by having two great races earlier in the day and finishing 4th in the medal race.
Silver fleet was won by Matthieu Frei and Yann Rocherieux (FRA) who maintained a consistent series. The Bronze fleet was won by Jan Hauke Erichsen and Max Lutz (GER).
The medal ceremony was held directly afterwards and began with a moment of silence by all competitors.
Although champions were crowned the Class was saddened by such a great loss. As the sun set in Zadar, friends bid farewell to see each other at another championship and Olympic teams prepared for the Games this summer.
- 1. AUS Nathan Outteridge / Iain Jensen
- 2. NZL Peter Burling / Blair Tuke
- 3. DEN Allan Norregaard / Peter Lang
- 4. FRA Manu Dyen / Stéphane Chistidis (CNV Aix les Bains - Equipe de France Douane / EV Cagnes sur Mer - Equipe de France Militaire)
- 8. FRA Julien D’Ortoli / Noé Delpech (YCPR Marseille / YCPR Marseille)
- 18. FRA Thomas Ribaud / Sébastien Scotto di Fasano (YCPR Marseille / YCPR Marseille)
- 25. FRA Axel Silvy / Ulysse Hoffman (La Pelle Marseille / YC Mauguio Carnon)
- 26. FRA Mathieu Frey / Yann Rocherieux (SR Caledonienne / CN de Sciez)
Plus d’infos : www.49erworlds.org
Dans la même rubrique
BACARDI Miami Sailing Week : Xavier Rohart and Pierre-Alexis Ponsot won the Star competition
Rolex Miami OCR : Champions Crowned in Ten Olympic Classes