SeaSailSurfer of the year
Yannick Bestaven elected SeaSailSurfer of the year 2001
The winner of the Transat 650 awarded by the visitors of SeaSailSurf.com
mercredi 16 janvier 2002 –
A list of twelve names (including one duo) had been proposed to the visitors of SeaSailSurf.com. A prestigious list of people who showed themselves ahead of the rankings of the sport sailing events in 2001. Vendée Globe heroes were of course present with Michel Desjoyeaux (4th), Ellen MacArthur (5th) and Roland Jourdain (6th). The young Britain woman who received this years lots of international awards and did finished second in the Vendée Globe was not the only non french skipper of the list.. The names of New Zealander Grant Dalton (8th), American Steve Fossett (10th) and Australian Nick Moloney (7th) were also presented.
“It is nice” said today the winner of the single-handed Transat 650 when he knew he was at the top of the votes. “Especially when I see the names of the other sailors of the list. It is great to be compared to those names, even if I have not the same list of honours behind me than they have. But it is a good sign for the future of my carrier. And it shows that the image of the Transat The Transat #thetransat #ostar 650 win is still good !”
Created in 1999, SeaSailSurf.com is a sport sailing news web site which follow offshore races as inshore regattas. A fifth part of the visitors are mini sailors of mini fans. These can explain the great support Yannick Bestaven did receive during the poll. Nearly ten percent of the visitors are not french. SeaSailSurf.com is the only french sailing website which is published in both french and english.
Congratulations to Yannick Bestaven. Next poll at the end of 2002 the know the next SeaSailSurfer of the year.
Full ranking stopped on January 15th :
1. BESTAVEN Yannick (1st Transat 650) : 36% (153)
2. STAMM Bernard (monohull North Atlantic record Record #sailingrecord and 24h Record Record #sailingrecord ) : 36% (150)
3. PARLIER Yves (Vendée Globe) : 10% (42)
4. DESJOYEAUX Michel (1st Vendée Globe) : 6% (26)
5. MACARTHUR Ellen (2nd Vendée Globe) : 4% (15)
6. JOURDAIN Roland (3rd Vendée Globe et 2e EDS) : 3% (14)
7. MOLONEY Nick (1st EDS Atlantic Challenge) : 3% (13)
8. DALTON Grant (1st The Race) : 1% (5)
9. DROUGLAZET Eric (1st Solitaire and Champion de France) : 0% (2)
10. FOSSET Steve (multihull North Atlantic record and 24h Record) : 0% (1)
11. MORVAN Gildas & CAUDRELIER-BENAC (1st Trophée BPE) : 0% (1)
Dans la même rubrique
November 2001 SeaSailSurfer of the month : Stève Ravussin, winner of the Transat Jacques Vabre
SeaSailSufer of October 2001 : Yannick Bestaven